[ltp] Re: [DaLUG] trouble when running tpb

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:33:14 -0600

Quoting Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com>:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Justin Lintz wrote:
>
> >   Are you able to get the access-ibm button to work with multiple commands?
> > Right now I have mine set to open gnome-terminal but if I do
> >
> > THINKPAD /usr/bin/gnome-terminal;cd ~
>           ^
> Is that a tab or a space?  Try it with the other one.  Also try "&&"
> instead of ";".  Does it work with one command instead of two?

Also try it with the full path.  The tilde is a bashism.  If tpb is
executing the command directly, it will fail.  Same thing for the
semi-colon.  You may be able to pass the cd command as an
argument/option to gnome-terminal.

HTH,
  Jeffrey