[ltp] XV on DVI port

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:12:19 -0500

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:53:43 +0100, Frank Fiene <ffiene@veka.com> wrote:
> On Donnerstag 25 November 2004 08:24, Frank Fiene wrote:
> > I have a problem getting XV on my external TFT-Display to work.
>=20
> OK, i found the posting from Osho and mixed his xorg.conf with mine so
> it works now.
>=20
> Thanks, Osho.

If you are using mergedfb clone mode you can switch the crtc the
scaler to sourced to using the XV_SWITCH_CRT xv attribute.  you may
need an app like xvattr to change it. run xvinfo to see what Xv
attributes are available.

>=20
> Does anyone know, when xorg is getting DRI to work for our radeons?
> ATI itself is not able to give us a xorg compatible fglrx driver and i
> want to use an open source driver at all.
>=20
>=20

the project is here if you are interested in helping out:
http://r300.sf.net
ATI has not released any 3D specs so it all has to be figured out
manually.  right how the driver can do accelerated clears and clipping
as I recall.

Alex