[ltp] XV on DVI port

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:19:08 -0800

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 11:53 pm, Frank Fiene wrote:
> On Donnerstag 25 November 2004 08:24, Frank Fiene wrote:
> > I have a problem getting XV on my external TFT-Display to work.
>
> OK, i found the posting from Osho and mixed his xorg.conf with mine so
> it works now.
>
> Thanks, Osho.

Glad it was helpful :).

> Does anyone know, when xorg is getting DRI to work for our radeons?
> ATI itself is not able to give us a xorg compatible fglrx driver and i
> want to use an open source driver at all.

To my knowledge, xorg or r300.sf.net projects will not have DRI to work with
our radeons any time soon - the main issue being lack of documentation about
hardware from ATI.

ATI is supposed to release X.org compatible drivers with DRI support in
December sometime. There is a IRC Chat log on www.rage3d.com with ATI Linux
driver developers which you can read for more information.

--
Osho