[ltp] Suspend to RAM on IBM Thinkpad X23

Todd V. Rovito linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:28:17 -0500

I have Slackware 10 with kernel 2.6.9 and _NO_PATCHES_.  The system will
suspend with the following command "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" and
resumes when I press the power button.  The problem is when the system
suspends the screen remains powered on, everything that was on the
screen is cleared but it is obvious the screen still has power.  I have
added "append="acpi_sleep=s3_bios"" to lilo.conf but the screen still
won't shut off.  How do I shut the power off on the screen during
suspend?   Thanks for the help.

TVR