[ltp] Suspend to RAM on IBM Thinkpad X23

Thomas Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:26:40 +0100

Hi,

don't have a X, but a T. And here I use xset for the power-management of
the screen. If the display supports dpms (most should do, I think), you
can use that tool.

Have a look at the xset(1)-manpage and search for "dpms".
Can easily be used in these acpid-scripts.

Greetings,
thomas

Am Freitag, den 26.11.2004, 17:10 +0100 schrieb Henrik Brix Andersen:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 19:28 -0500, Todd V. Rovito wrote:
> > How do I shut the power off on the screen during suspend?
>
> I have the same problem with my X31. I use radeontool [1] for turning
> off the LCD upon suspending. Needless to say it only works with radeon
> chipsets. If your X23 has a radeon chipset, you might be in luck.
>
> Sincerely,
> Brix
>
> [1]: http://fdd.com/software/radeon/
Thomas Breitner