[ltp] Slightly Offtopic again: Gray Button as Window keys IN WINDOWS

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:12:47 +0100

Hi,

> > Sorry, but before you post a mail here for every peace of software IBM
> > provides, please go to the IBM support site, Personal Computing, browse
> > for your model and select Downloads and Drivers. There you will find
> > everything you need.
>
> I've done that and even searched for 2379-DJU and I found nothing about
> remapping the gray keys. Perhaps they are under a name I don't recognize.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Doing as said brings you to a page where you can select Keyboard among
other Thinkpad components from a pulldown box that is labelled "Refine
results:". Doing this shortens the result list to two entries...the
Keyboard customizer utility and the Scrolllock indicator utility.
What you would want is the first one. Selecting this brings you to a
page with installation instructions among other information and download
links. In these installation instructions it is mentioned that you will
also need the Thinkpad Hotkey Features package. So following this link
brings you the package description which among other things says that it
includes the Web navigation keys agent. Again, download links and
installation instructions are on the same page.

Don't get me wrong, i just see more worth in helping you being able to
find your ways around on IBMs really good support site than in just
throwing links on you everytime you discover you miss something.

André.