[ltp] Suspend to RAM on IBM Thinkpad X23

Todd V. Rovito linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:34:58 -0500

Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:28:17 -0500
> "Todd V. Rovito" <rovitotv@rovitotv.org> wrote:
>

>>I have Slackware 10 with kernel 2.6.9 and _NO_PATCHES_.  The system will
>>suspend with the following command "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" and
>>resumes when I press the power button.  The problem is when the system
>>suspends the screen remains powered on, everything that was on the
>>screen is cleared but it is obvious the screen still has power.  I have
>>added "append="acpi_sleep=s3_bios"" to lilo.conf but the screen still
>>won't shut off.  How do I shut the power off on the screen during
>>suspend?   Thanks for the help.
>

> Shutting the lid should turn off the backlight.
>
> (I have an X22 and it does the same thing - except that X is garbled
> when it wakes up. :) )

Thanks for all the great responses I have not tried Radeon Tool or xset
(DPMS) because shutting the lid does turn the back light off.  For now
when I suspend the machine I will run the standby script then shut the
lid.  Charles with my X23 I have no garbled X problems, have you tried
kernel 2.6.9?  It works great with no patches!  This is the first time I
have ever gotten Suspend to Ram to work on Linux with out lots of
patches and hassles.

TVR