[ltp] Re: X31 backlight [was: No power source after hibernation]

Johannes Wolter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 19:33:33 +0100

--nextPart3937656.rjlurM83s9

On Thursday 28 October 2004 13:35, Martin H=F6fling wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2004 10:15 schrieb Johannes Wolter:
> > And another question: When I'm suspending the system to RAM the backlig=
ht
> > of the LCD doesn't switch off. Do I have to do this manually (and if ye=
s,
> > how should I do this..)
>
> You can turn on / off the backlight manually by doing a
> radeontool light [on|off]
> you can get it from:
> http://fdd.com/software/radeon/

I got the radeontool and it works for switching the backlight off. But when=
=20
I'm switching to suspend state (S3 =3D suspend to RAM) the backlight turns =
on=20
again. I tried it with kernel 2.6.8 and with kernel 2.6.9 (including acpi &=
=20
swsusp2 patches).

Thanks for any advice or help!

Johannes Wolter