[ltp] Re: Q: HD active protection sys for Linux???

Mario Giammarco linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:49:19 +0100

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 21:25 +0800, Thomas Graham wrote:
> Volker, my friend drop his IBM laptop on floor and no problem , his
> screen still work fine because of the IBM laptop case are so hard
>

> > Personally, I do not think that the APS is all that useful. How do you
> > drop the computer while sitting in front of it? And if I drop the machine
> > and the screen cracks, the hdd might just as well break, too. You have
> > backups, don't you? Plus the extra mechanical stress from frequent
> > emergency parks.

I do not like this arguments: first we have paid for it so if it works
is better.
Then have you tried it on train? Very useful.
Third: there is no mechanical stress in moving heads, it is a "normal"
head movement.