[ltp] Re: Fedora Core 3 vs. Thinkpad X22 (2662-9BU) - reliable suspend/hibernate?

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:33:13 -0700

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman wrote:

> In your /boot/grub/grub.conf you will have a stanza for a particular
> kernel. On the kernel line, simply add the acpi_sleep=s3_bios.
>
> Here's my stanza from my currently running kernel:
>
> title 2.6.9-gentoo-r1 (ACPI)
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /kernel-2.6.9-gentoo-r1 root=/dev/ram0 rw init=/linuxrc
> real_root=/dev/sys00vg/root00lv vga=79
> 5 acpi_sleep=s3_bios
> initrd /initrd-lvm-2.6.9-gentoo-r1.gz
>

> Note that I'm running a full root LVM, which is why I have a real_root
> parameter and the initial RAM disk listed.
>
> Dan Sawyer said the following on 2004-11-24 22:02:
> | What exactly does this look like please?
> |
> | I am runing grub, where would it go? What would it look like?
> |
> | On another note; is there a way to add this to a running system?
> |
> | Dan

Will this work with an A22p?  I want to enjoy the benefits of using ACPI
with this system.  At the present time, I have ACPI commented out with
acpi=off and am using APM instead because the system will write to the
save2dsk.bin file (BIOS supported hiberation.)

--
James McKenzie
jjmckenzie51@sprintpcs.com