[ltp] Re: Q: HD active protection sys for Linux???

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:04:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Thomas Graham wrote:

> hmmmm, it seems only new series of IBM laptop got such protection
> system, I own Dell I8100 and HD are dead more than I could expected,
> APS system could help a lot ( I don't care about replace HD, but I DO
> CARE ABOUT MY DATA!!!!! )

Back up, maybe to DVD? ~$1.25/4.2 GiB = ~$0.30/GiB .

SAGITTARIUS:  All your friends are laughing behind your back... kill
them.  Take down all those naked pictures of Ernest Borgnine you've got
hanging in your den.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_