[ltp] Install linux/debian AND windows WITHOUT breaking IBM-rescue

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:54:25 +0100

I always have problems :

I can restore the factory HD on the T42p with the 7 (6 + 1) system CD.

But every time I run fdisk in order to erase and remake a little widows
partition at the beginning of the disk, then the laptop finds that the
IBM restore partition at the end of the disk is destroy, so I must reinstall
windows and this restore partition from CD and all the other partitions
are deleted.

One time I can rerun the laptop without CD and then I begin to install
the debian distribution, but grub can't run windows, and I can't run
the rescue partition.

This time I put grub on /dev/hda1.
But perhaps it's better to put it on MBR /dev/hda ?

What must I do ?

Thanks !

François