[ltp] trackpoint not working properly

Thomas Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:02:04 +0100

Hi there,

I own a T-model with debian testing, so my configuration should work on
your X too, I think.
Don't know why, but my USB-Mouse works even when plugged in after X
fires up, disconnecting and reconnection works while X is running.
*Perhaps* because of udev...?

My XF86Config-4 has only one entry for my mices:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

All mice-events - no matter if there from the usb- or the ps/2-bus - are
routed over /dev/input/mice.

=C3=84hm, hope this helps,
greetings from freiburg,
thomas