[ltp] Making hard drive stop when not in use

Nick Bower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:01:45 +0200

I'd be interested to know what the original poster was talking about -
not spinning down under ac or just battery.  It is my understanding that
laptop mode is usually only triggered by acpi (using the default
scripts) to make power saving adjustments when on battery power.

However I reached a situation recently in which my hard-drive was
ticking along (I could hear clicks about 1 a sec) for no good reason
without spinning down.  A reboot fixed it but it left be very very
curious.

nick