[ltp] T42p bluetooth?

Dax Kelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 02 Oct 2004 21:52:52 -0600

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 06:35, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to purchase a T42p (2379DYU, FireGL T2, 15" UXGA, DVD burner).
>
> I believe this machine ships with the "IBM Integrated Bluetooth III +
> modem" communications daughter card.  There are a number of confirmations
> on the web of older "IBM Integrated Bluetooth" solutions (I & II) working
> under Linux but none that I can find explicitly for ThinkPad T42p or for
> "IBM Integrated Bluetooth III".  The Bluez website is no help, either (it
> doesn't get that specific about the models).
>
> Has anyone with this laptop confirmed that the integrated Bluetooth does
> or doesn't work (where "work" == rfcomm working for communication with a
> mobile phone)?

I have a T42p and it is the only bluetooth device I have. I hope to use
it with a Treo 650 next month.

When I press Fn+F5 the bluetooth light turns on and the following kernel
messages appear with dmesg:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.6
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.7
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb

/usr/bin/hcitool dev