[ltp] T42p bluetooth?

Chris McDonough linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:51:32 -0500 (CDT)

> 	I use a T42p to dial up over Bluetooth via a Verizon Motorola V710
> and it works fine (SuSE 9.1).

Sounds good.  I've ordered the machine.  Thanks all!

> We've gotten a 3-year on-site warranty for
> the 2373-KTU and 2373-KXU, and if you go to the customize screen for the
> 2379-DYU it offers 2 to 5 year on-site service, so I'm not sure what your
> warranty issue is.

Yup.  The issue was that I was attempting to purchase the system from CDW
rather than via IBM.  Though CDW sells IBM warranties, they're
understandably not as familiar with the warranties as IBM is.  I ended up
purchasing the T42 along with a warranty upgrade via IBM.com, which was
much easier, although apparently it will take about a month (!) to ship
whereas CDW claimed to be able to ship it within 4 - 6 days.

Thanks,

- C