[ltp] Re: Hard lockup on IBM ThinkPad T42

Bertrand Servin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:58:48 -0700

Roland Dreier wrote:
> I guess right now I'm most suspicious about the following things:
>  - radeon driver.  I've switched from radeonfb to vesafb and still had hangs
>    X11 ati driver still could be an issue
>  - ipw2200 driver
>  - interrupt sharing (everything seems to be wired to IRQ 11)

I am running the same Thinkpad using kernel 2.6.9-rc2 and previously
2.6.7. I never experienced hang-ups from now. I am using vesafb and the
radeon driver of Xorg (latest version), I am not using ipw2200 yet and
IRQ 11 is also crouded here.
So it seems ipw2200 is the biggest difference between our configs.
Otherwise, my lsmod output looks much like yours.

Bertrand
not tried it. (Donald Knuth)