[ltp] Help, Wireless on a Thinkpad Running SuSE

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:22:56 -0500

Quoting Ken Firestone <kenf@speakeasy.net>:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
>
>    Quoting Ken Firestone <kenf@speakeasy.net>:
>    [snip]
>    > Right, hopefully it won't break when used with SuSE.
>    >    HTH,
>    >

>    I have used SuSE 9.1 and the ipw2100 drivers on my T41 with good
>    results.
>
> Which ones? The latest from sourceforge, or the ones suse provides?

Both.  But of course, by the time SuSE releases anything, almost
always there are newer ones at ipw2100.sf.net.  If you want to use
them, subscribe to the e-mail list also.

I am sitting in a Seattle's Best Coffee in Austin, TX replying thru my
T41 with ipw2100 0.55.  If you go this route, be sure and remove any
ipw2100.ko, ieee80211.ko, and ieee80211_crypt.ko modules before
installing the driver.  And do it again after any kernel update.  The
principal ipw2100 (and ipw2200) author is probably sitting in a
Starbucks ten miles to the west of me.  We eat our own dogfood ;)

Jeffrey