[ltp] Changing hard drives on a T40 - need help, SVP

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, James PEARSON wrote:

   Hello all

   I just subscribed to this list because I bought a T40 23738CG on ebay
   last weekend. I also ordered a new HITACHI 60GB HD (7200 rpm Travelstar
   7K60) to replace the 40 MEG HD that came with the computer.

   I am currently trying to figure out just where the hd is on this model
   (I figure that it is on side where the air vents which is the side
   opposite to the CD drive).
Have you tried poking around on the IBM site? I'm sure its documented
somewhere. Its even in the instructions that come with some of the new TPs.

Ken Firestone, W3CAT     | For every problem there is one solution
kenf@speakeasy.net	 |  which is simple, neat, and wrong.
ken@firestone.net        |   -- H. L. Mencken