[ltp] Changing hard drives on a T40 - need help, SVP

James PEARSON linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:41:59 +0200

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 21:38, Brad Langhorst wrote:

> > I am currently trying to figure out just where the hd is on this model
> > (I figure that it is on side where the air vents which is the side
> > opposite to the CD drive).
> you only need to remove one screw...

Well if I only need to remove screw to remove the hd then I made a
mistake - the hd on this model must be on the same side as the cd-rom
drive.
> the drive slides in under your right hand (when you're typing)
> just remove the large screw with the ridges around the head and slide
> out the tray.

I think one of the reasons that I am having a problem trying to find
where the hd is because I have never seen a 2 1/2 inch hd before only 3
1/3 - and everything is so darn small that I figure that I could easily
make a mistake and break something.

> You'll have to put the tray onto the new drive- pay attention to the
> orientation of of the metal plate and the plastic cover.

BTW, I tried looking for a T40 manual at the ibm site but all I have
found to date is a pile of Windows drivers for my T40...

I go back to the ibm site and search some more.

Thanks
James