[ltp] Problem with Acpi

John M Flinchbaugh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:24:08 -0400

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 12:51:54PM +0200, Martin Hauser wrote:
> i've been having a slight problem with my acpi on a IBM THinkpad=20
R40 running
> a Gentoo Linux 2004.1 with a 2.6.7 kernel.org kernel and acpi=20
enabled.=20
> (had this on debian too, think it's rather distribution=20
indipendand) If i=20
> send the system to suspend to ram, there is no key to wake it up=20
again,=20
> anyone got an Idea how to tell the kernel which key to use for=20
wakeup?

i've seen the same thing with kernel 2.6.8.1.  i've opted to use swsusp
instead, which is much slower, but works, and it's better for long
suspend periods since the machine is completely powered down.

i wouldn't be surprised if latest acpi patches or ibm-acpi patch could
fix this though.  i haven't tried them yet.

--=20
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |