[ltp] T41 matching VGA+LCD ??

Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:27:16 -0400

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:12:14 -0700, Matt Ettus <boyscout@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I have a T41 with a Radeon M9 and Fedora Core 2, X.org 6.8
>
> Does anyone know how to get the external VGA connector to show the
> exact same thing as the LCD?  The closest I can get is the external
> one matching the internal, but with only a 640x480 resolution and a
> bigger virtual desktop.

that's mergedfb's clone mode.  it defaults to 640x480@60Hz if it can't
get the DDC info from the connected monitor so that it doesn't fry
your monitor with a mode it can't handle.  you can either force
mergedfb off (option "mergedfb" "false"), in which case crtc1 will
drive both the lcd and the vga port, or you can specify the Hsync and
vrefresh of your projector as options, eg:
        Option  "CRT2HSync" "30-50"
        Option  "CRT2VRefresh" "40-70"

Alex