[ltp] apm no longer works T40 Kernel 2.6.7 -> 2.6.8

T D linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 05:48:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Simon,

    You might want to look if you have it compiled
into your kernel or as a module. I ran into the same
problem
when I upgraded from 2.6.4 to 2.6.8.

wintermute% grep -i apm
//usr/src/linux-2.6.8.1/.config
# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
# APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
CONFIG_APM=m
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y

Your .config should look something like this.

-HTH,
Tino