[ltp] x40 dock/undock

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:44:42 -0400

I am loving the ibm-acpi module. it has given me hope.

unfortunately I can't seem to get undocking/docking to work.
When i try "echo undock > /proc/acpi/ibm/dock" -- with what i think are
correct config files -- the dock's lights go out and i can type for
about one second before the system seems to freeze -- it won't do
anything but get shut off by pressing the power button for a several
seconds.

i have not done too much debugging. i have tried unloading the modules i
unload when suspending (usb and wireless). that didn't do it. i checked
idectl 1 off and on to make sure it was doing it to my CDrom. that isn't
the problem.

any guesses?

thanks!

David