[ltp] apm no longer works T40 Kernel 2.6.7 -> 2.6.8

T. Ivarsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 06:27:36 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Simon Wong <linux@wongy.org>
> I'm running Debian Testing/Unstable on my T40.
>
> I've been avoiding messing around with ACPI so have been using APM for
> suspending.
>
> It wall works fine under 2.6.7 but after trying to upgrade to 2.6.8,
> when I close the lid or try the Fn-F4 nothing happens at all!

I have the same (similar) problem, and posted a question under the thread "can't apm resume with debian 2.6.8" (no replies though). I use Debian/Testing on my R40. APM works like a charm under 2.6.6 (haven't tried 2.6.7). However, when I upgraded to 2.6.8 I could susupend, but nothing happend when I open the lid. I have to reboot. Looking at my logs it appears as if all devices go to sleep Ok. But there is no indication that the system even get an indicator that the computer wants to resume.

I know that Testing updated apmd very recently, but I've tested suspend today with both 2.6.6 and 2.6.8. And yes, I use the "stock" kernel options for APM.

Perhaps a bug should be filed with the Debian team.

T.