[ltp] apm no longer works T40 Kernel 2.6.7 -> 2.6.8

T D linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

What about your /etc/modprobe.conf and your
/etc/modules.conf? Please check that those were not
blown away. Also check the module list to see that you
have the apm module loaded.

Also please check that the apm and the acpi are not
fighting. I saw that you have apci shut off on the
boot line, but it has been my experience to take out
as many variables as possible.

Finally, here is my boot line.
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-mm4 ro root=/dev/hda5
hdc=cdrom

see if you take out all the apm and acpi options from
your boot line, what happens.

-Tino