[ltp] Shared library problem

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:09:26 -0400

Does this have anything to do with running Linux on a Thinkpad?  If not, =
you
should go ask your question on a more general forum, like comp.os.linux.m=
isc .
 This mailing list is for discussing Thinkpad-specific things.
 =

> I am using a library libosa.so.

What's this library do?  Is it something you invented yourself?

> it [is] using the function fstat

fstat() is a system call.  System calls are slightly different from "norm=
al" C
functions in that they don't use the C libraries but the kernel.  "man 2
fstat" for more information.

> when i execute my program it is giving error as,
> "dlSharedLibraryLoader::loadSharedLibrary dlopen returned NULL.
> Error is: /lib/libosa.so: undefined symbol: fstat"

libosa.so is not present on any of my systems.  Google returns no results=
 for
"libosa.so".  What is libosa.so supposed to do?

> Can anyone please help me out with this?

Ask this question on a more general forum, unless this is a Thinkpad-spec=
ific
question.

-- =

Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data....=
"