[ltp] Error on running rpm with FC2

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 02:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, James McKenzie wrote:

> Eben King wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, James McKenzie wrote:
> >
> >>I am getting the following error when I run rpm to attempt to update
> >>several packages:
> >>
> >>error:  cannot create transaction lock.
> >>
> >>I attempted to find out where this lock is located and looked at all the
> >>usual places and attempted to find a rpm.lock file.  I am running rpm as
> >>root.  df -k shows enough space on all mounted drives.
> >
> >Are all drives mounted read/write, and does "df -i" show inodes available
> >on all of them?

> df -i shows available inodes on all drives for Linux.  I do mount one
> Windows VFAT parition, but I don't think that rpm would use that drive.
> And all drives are mounted rw.
>
> And additional note:  rpm -i --test does not give this error.

(grasping at straws)

Well, it's POSSIBLE that something like this happened:

[root@pc tmp]# touch foo
[root@pc tmp]# chattr +i foo
[root@pc tmp]# touch foo
touch: creating `foo': Permission denied

Highly unlikely though.

--
-eben      ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm      home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double. "Having a bad day?"