[ltp] R51 Kernel 2.6.8.1-10 ACPI Shutdown Problem

Markus Markert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:14:32 +0200

Hi list,

i have bought me a ibm r51 laptop. have installed mandrake 10.1 with
kernel 2.6.8.1-10. all works fine, cpu throteling, wlan, swsusp, ...

but i have one problem with my acpi settings i think. when i shutdown,
softwaresuspend, go sleep mode, the laptop ventilator is still running
and i think the motherboard get also power because the wlan led is
blinking. i must then press the power on button about 6 sek. to power
the laptop really off.

in /etc/lilo.conf i have acpi=on.

does someone had the same problem?

greetings from the lake conctance (germany)

markus