[ltp] External display on battery ?

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:30:45 +0200

Hi,

I tried today to use my T41p under linux with an external display, in
that case a (very big) 1024x768 capable beamer. Basically I could have
either the LCD alone, or the external display alone, but when I wanted
both, the external image was degraded in a "analogical" way (i.e. very
dark, with weird shadings and colors).

Since I was on battery and connected on a long cable from the beamer
(maybe 50m, no idea if there was an amplification), I now wonder if
that could be the cause? Can it be possible that the power consumption
is too high and I end up with a too low voltage (or whatever the
correct electrical term) on the video output ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers.

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN