[ltp] [OT] Library Files on Fedora Core 2

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:41:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, James McKenzie wrote:

> I have a problem.  I'm upgrading from RH9 to FC2 directly and keep
> running into library files (.so) not found.  When I run find / -name
> "filename" they are showing up in what I consider a known location such
> as /usr/lib.

Make sure the library's path is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf .  Then run
ldconfig.

> When I run the set command, there is no library path command.

"set" as in shell option assignment?

> I routinely work with Solaris and remember the line LD_LIBRARY_PATH=....
> but I know this is different for Linux.

Can't compare them, but my WAG is

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/first/directory:/second/directory:/third/directory
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(based on PATH and other variables)

SAGITTARIUS:  All your friends are laughing behind your back... kill
them.  Take down all those naked pictures of Ernest Borgnine you've got
hanging in your den.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_