[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #646 - 31 msgs

Markus Markert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:40:43 +0200

hi niels,

have done this. must i not recompile my kernel?

greetings

markus

Am Mittwoch, den 13.10.2004, 13:26 +0200 schrieb Niels Stargardt:
> Hi Markus,
> to be honest I not exactly know the answer, but I could show you a way ho=
w I would find it out.
> Open the config file, search for the string "CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC". Then sc=
roll up till you find an header in this case
>=20
> #
> # Processor type and features
> #
>=20
> Now start make menuconfig, goto "Processor type and features" and look fo=
r an similar topic, i.e. "IO_APIC support on uniprocessors" or=20
> "Local APIC support on uniprocessors" sound similar to me. I tried the se=
cond. Save the config-file and have a look if CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC is changed=
. Voila - the problem is solved.
>=20
> At least it should be possible to edit the config file by hand, but I sup=
posed that you should only do this if you be sure what you do.