[ltp] Supend-To-Disk with Kernel 2.6.8.1 and ACPI-Patch- append resume

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:18:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Niels Stargardt wrote:

> > I had the same problem and nearly the same kernel and acpi-patch.
> > I added resume=/dev/hdax at the kernel prompt.(where x was 2 for my
> > swap partition)
> > It took a while, but it went well with ndiswrapper for wlan, and
> > usb-modules.
>
> Thats sound interesting. What exactly do you mean when you say you had
> the same problem? Do you use Software-Suspend or the Standard Suspend?
> Which Hardware do you use? Is hda2 a primary partition or a logic
> partition?

I think logical partitions will always have an ID >= 5, even if you have
<4 primary partitions.

CANCER:  The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the
rest of the week face down in the mud.  Try not to shove a roll of
duct tape up your nose when taking your driver's test.  -- Weird Al