[ltp] swsusp / t23

John M Flinchbaugh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:40:46 -0400

--2B/JsCI69OhZNC5r

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Niels Stargardt wrote:
> I disabled then the ISA-Support in my kernel and then everything=20
> works fine in the process of shutting down. In your case I would have=20
> a look that no floppy option is compiled directly into the kernel.
> I know it sounds strange, but please try it. I hope that=20
> suspend-to-disk will work than completely at your computer. In my=20
> case  only shutting down works perfectly, butter the computer never=20
> resume :-(

on another notebook, i found that disabling isa also broke my
support for 16-bit pcmcia cards.

on that observation, maybe you want to shutdown pcmcia before
suspending?  it may just take some experimentation to figure out which
modules are blocking the suspend.
--=20
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |