[ltp] swsusp / t23

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:33:05 +0000 (GMT)

John:

After disabling acpi on my A22p and enabling apm, I found that I must use the command 'cardctl eject' before suspending or hibernating the system.  This might be caused by hotplug, which allows the system to dynamically add/delete/change items.
After updating the system, I might try disabling hotplug to see if this allows suspend/hiberate without the cardctl command.

James McKenzie

 On 13/10/2004 at 08:40AM MST John M Flinchbaugh <glynis@butterfly.hjsoft.com> wrote:
 > On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Niels Stargardt wrote:
 > > I disabled then the ISA-Support in my kernel and then everything
 > > works fine in the process of shutting down. In your case I would have
 > > a look that no floppy option is compiled directly into the kernel.
 > > I know it sounds strange, but please try it. I hope that
 > > suspend-to-disk will work than completely at your computer. In my
 > > case  only shutting down works perfectly, butter the computer never
 > > resume :-(
 >
 > on another notebook, i found that disabling isa also broke my
 > support for 16-bit pcmcia cards.
 >
 > on that observation, maybe you want to shutdown pcmcia before
 > suspending?  it may just take some experimentation to figure out which
 > modules are blocking the suspend.
 > --
 > | glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |
 > ~~Powered by Linux: Reboots are for hardware upgrades only~~

This message was sent from a PCS Phone from Sprint.
Get a free PCS Mail account!
Sign up via the Web Browser on your Sprint Phone
or at http://www.sprintpcs.com.