[ltp] ibm-acpi compatibility table

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:18:10 -0400

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:28:02 -0700, Borislav Deianov
<borislav@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Arno Willig, the ibm-acpi homepage now sports a nice
> compatibility table by model and feature. Thanks to me, that table sat
> without updates for weeks. I finally got my act together, went through
> all the reports you guys sent me and filled it out. If you looked at
> it recently and didn't think it reflected reality, please have another
> look. If it still doesn't reflect reality, let me know!
>
> http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/
>
> A couple of other things:
>
> I'm still collecting DSDTs. Currently, I have the following:
>
>         A21e, A31, A31p
>         G40
>         R32, R40
>         T20, T21, T23, T30, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p
>         X20, X24, X30, X31, X40
>
> If your model is not listed above, I'd very much appreciate a copy.
> It's the only way I can try to make ibm-acpi work on your Thinkpad.
>
> Also, please get in touch if all of the following are true for you:
>
> - Fn-F7 can switch the video output
> - the video switching feature in ibm-acpi-0.4 does NOT work
> - you have some time to test a few debugging versions of ibm-acpi
>
> I've had several reports of video switching in -0.4 not working, but
> in most cases Fn-F7 doesn't work either. This is typically due to the
> way the X driver configures the video card and cannot be fixed in
> ibm-acpi. If Fn-F7 does work, however, switching through ibm-acpi
> should work also. Hence the above request.

For radeon chips, the code in question is in radeon_driver.c.  It
manipulates the bios a bit to make the lid work semi-properly since
xorg currently lacks acpi support.  I'm not sure what good it would do
to mess with it at this point, but I thought I'd mention it as an
FYI...

Alex