[ltp] Changing hard drives on a T40 - need help, SVP

Bill Wohler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:59:03 -0700

James PEARSON <pearson4j@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I just subscribed to this list because I bought a T40 23738CG on ebay
> last weekend. I also ordered a new HITACHI 60GB HD (7200 rpm Travelstar
> 7K60) to replace the 40 MEG HD that came with the computer.

The hardware manual makes it a whole lot easier. I assume you have it by
now...

One tip that wasn't in there was that you may have to open the lid to
slide out the drive. Otherwise, the lid keeps the bay from sliding out.