[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #644 - 12 msgs

Mario Giammarco linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:01:20 +0200

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 23:22 +1000, Chris wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:01, linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org wrote:

> > OOPS! I forgot to write the error, here it is:
> >
> > ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> > hda: task_mulout_intr status 0x51 drive ready seek complete error
> > hda: task_mulout_intr error 0x04 drive status error
> I think these errors have been mentioned in kernel config, go and recompile
> with 'make xconfig', then go to ATA section, pay attention to the help

Solved thanks! But doing the opposite that was written in kernel config
(I put option of not on)

> > > 4) Under xwindow I never reach c3 cpu state. Fan goes high. Battery does
> > > not last very much.

Solved my own, perhaps arts daemon or kde not prelinked.

> > > 5) I need a debian package for xwindow patched with dynamicpm. Where can
> > > I find one?

Now I miss this really!!!
Can somebody help me?
Fan is almost off with radeonpm I will put it off forever!

> > 9) Near cursors keys there are "back" and "forward" keys, how can I use
> > them under linux?
> those two keys are for going back and forward a page in browsing, there is a
> plug-in written by people in this mailing list lets you do that
Found thanks!!