[ltp] swsusp / t23

Christopher Hubbell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:09:42 -0400

To follow up on my previous note, I've tried some of the suggestions but
thus far I staill cannot suspend to disk on my T23.  Suspend to RAM is
still reliable and consistent.

Here's what I've changed so far:
o Added sleep statements surrounding the "echo disk..."acpi action
o Checked that ISA was not compiled into my kernel
o Removed floppy drive support form my kernel
o upgraded to ibm_acpi 0.4 (not really related to issue, just being
thorough)

My sleep messages are cleaner now in that the error about the floppy
drive is gone, but the system still passes through the suspend process
without stopping.  I can't find any error messages, and I can clearly
hear the system writing (something) to disk.  But, no suspend.

As far as I can tell I'm doing everything correctly, but just can't get
onto a good troubleshooting path.  Any other ideas out there?

Thanks,
Chris