[ltp] Re: can't compile iasl (the DSDT tool)

T. Ivarsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:22:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu>

> > Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted to play
> > around with the DSDT-table on my R40 (2722). The problem is
> > that I can't compile the iasl tool (version 20040715) from
> > Intel. I get the errors:
> >
> > aslcompiler.l: In function `comment':
> > aslcompiler.l:837: error: `yytext_ptr' undeclared (first use in this fu=
nction)
> > aslcompiler.l:837: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only =
once
> > aslcompiler.l:837: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > make: *** [aslcompilerlex.o] Error 1
>=20
> Install the `flex-old' package.

I tried that but it didn't help. I got the same problem. There was also a p=
osting saying to install bison. Tried it. Didn't work. Is there anything "o=
bvious" I have to do after installing flex-old?

T.
--=20
http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.as=
p?SRC=3Dlycos10