[ltp] wireless on Mandrake 9.2

Steven King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:54:32 -0700

On Friday 15 October 2004 1:48, Nicholas Coleman wrote:
> I've been having problems lately with my wireless.  It will be working
> fine then flake out and start scanning frequencies with no results.  I've
> got an R40 running Mandrake 9.2 and an IBM 11a/b/g Wireless CardBus
> Adapter.  I downloaded and installed the latest version of madwifi, but
> this hasn't helped the problem.  Any ideas?

I have a similar problem with my G40 running Fedora Core 2 and the IBM a/b/g
card with the latest madwifi drivers and the 2.6 kernels; however with the
2.6.7 kernel I built with FC1 and the madwifi drivers from june, everything
works fine.  But if I build those same drivers with the 2.6.7 kernel using
the compiler from FC2, they dont work any better than the later drivers so
I'm inclined to think its a compiler issue (3.3.3 vs 3.3.2?) but I havent
taken the time to investigate further.