[ltp] Re: ACPI S3 Suspend on Thinkpad G40

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:29:25 -0700

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:57:04 +0000 (UTC) Sudhakar Chandra <thaths@openscroll.org> wrote:

> acpi_mode=s3_bios to kernel). My problem is waking up from an S3 suspend
> to RAM sleep.  When suspended, the "sliver moon" led comes on indicating
> that the laptop is sleeping. When I try to wake the laptop up pressing
> the power button the laptop never wakes up or wakes up and shows the
> crtpyic letters "inu" (which I suspect is from Linux) on the screen and
> nothing happens.  The only way I am able to recover is by doing a hard
> reboot (pressing and holding the powe button) which takes me back into
> GRUB - >loading kernel -> swsusp ...

I get the same behavior on my X40 with 2.6.8.1 and the latest ACPI
patch. It does, however, resume successfully with 2.6.7 and ACPI
20040715. My plan is to wait and see if 2.6.9 fixes it and, if not,
start splitting up the changes between 2.6.7 and 2.6.8.1 to see what
broke it. There are some noises about this on the acpi-devel list, so
hopefully it'll get fixed.

Boris