[ltp] Installing rpms in alternate directories

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:26:35 -0700

Ok, I really need to read the man pages.  I still have a question
though.  I want to install /usr/lib in /opt/lib under FC2.  Has anyone
done this, successfully.  I know about symlinks, but some programs will
fail with "mysterious" errors.  I don't plan on moving /usr/lib/X11R6 or
any of the subdirectories under it.

The reason I want to do this is I'm running out of space in the root (/)
directory and I don't want to rebuild the system, again.  I just spend a
week recovering from my last attempt.  I really would like to do a clean
install, but FC3 is supposed to be released in about a week, and test 3
is out there now.

James McKenzie