[ltp] Installing rpms in alternate directories

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:00:10 -0700

Eben:

That would really make a mess of things.  I was looking if anyone had
moved that directory to another.  What I originally did under RH9 was to
symlink /usr/lib to /opt/lib and then delete the contents of /usr/lib
excluding /usr/lib/X11R6.  I think I can try this tomorrow.  Had a busy
day today.

<OffTopicRemark>
Take a look at AP News.  There was a very serious crash today in the
town I live in which resulted in several deaths and alot of air
traffic.  I was on one of the roads mentioned returning from the town
that traffic was rerouted to.  Had to drive almost an hour on two lane
roads to get home.  Fortunately, I was delayed in my return or I might
have been in the accident.  As you see, I do other things than work on
this problem.  Learnt that many years ago.
<.OffTopicRemark>

James McKenzie