[ltp] Installing rpms in alternate directories

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:36:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, James McKenzie wrote:

> I decided to backup the /usr/lib partition to backup media and I managed
> to not break the restore program.
>
> BTW, how do you run rpm without libbeecrypt.so.6?  That is what I broke.

RPM says:

[eben@pc eben]$ rpm --version
RPM version 4.1

Maybe that's older than yours?

You can try extracting the files with mc, or maybe you can find them on
the net, or maybe some nice person will mail them to you.  I'd try them in
that order.

Ooh, idea.  Boot up a rescue CD of the correct vintage, and reinstall
(--force if necessary) that package onto your hard drive.

       "You're one of those condescending Unix computer users!"
   "Here's a nickel, kid.  Get yourself a better computer" - Dilbert.