[ltp] swsusp / t23

Christopher Hubbell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 07:57:52 -0400

James,

Thanks for your response, but unfortunately I'm not using any PC cards, nor am I running a PPP connection.  I'm just using the internal network port.  I've tried stopping PCMCIA services, I always unload UHCI, I've compiled kernels both with and without a preemptible kernel, I've tried 2.6.7, 2.6.8, and all the rcX versions of 2.6.9.  I have tried the kernel's default swsusp, and I've tried using swsup2 via patches.  Both swsusp & swsusp2 go through the motions, writes to disk, and then returns without stopping.  Grrr....  I'm hoping that when the next major kernel comes out I can try again, but I'm beginning to think that it's not possible to suspend to disk on a T23.

If anyone has a T20 or T23 on a 2.6 kernel that can suspend to both RAM and disk, I'd love to see your .config and your acpi action for suspend to disk.

	/cgh