Fwd: Re: [ltp] can't compile iasl (the DSDT tool)

Ronald Hitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:05:52 +0200

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

----- Forwarded message from Ronald Hitz <Ronald.Hitz@ivx.de> -----

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:04:09 +0200
=46rom: Ronald Hitz <Ronald.Hitz@ivx.de>
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] can't compile iasl (the DSDT tool)

Hi

I had the same problem,

took older bison and another older version tool, maybe flex,  You need to c=
ompile the stuff
than the version for debian sarge.

I have another debian woody running on another machine, where I had no
problem with the compiling.

In acpi-devel list You may find the answere which packages, because I
can't remember which exactly were the names of the them.

Cheers

Ronald Hitz

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 08:31:02AM -0500, T. Ivarsson wrote:
> Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted to play around with the=
 DSDT-table on my R40 (2722). The problem is that I can't compile the iasl =
tool (version 20040715) from Intel. I get the errors:
>=20
> aslcompiler.l: In function `comment':
> aslcompiler.l:837: error: `yytext_ptr' undeclared (first use in this func=
tion)
> aslcompiler.l:837: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only on=
ce
> aslcompiler.l:837: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [aslcompilerlex.o] Error 1
>=20
> I'm running Debian, and Google tells me that people with Debian will get =
problems - but Google won't give me any solutions. Anyone here have a solut=
ion for me? Or perhaps a binary that I could use?