[ltp] T41 Freeze

David Sudjiman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:30:09 +1000

Ok then I did some test for this case. Results are below:

1.

- Xscreensaver is running
- XWindows is running
- remove the e1000 and ipw2100
=> Freezed about 20 minutes while on Xscreensaver mode

- Xscreensaver is off
- Xwindows is running
- remove e1000 and ipw2100
- blank screened FN+F3
=> Not freezed

- Xscreensaver is off
- Xwindows is running
- switched to console mode
- remove the e1000 and ipw2100
=> not freezed after 20 minutes wait

- Xscreensaver is off
- Xwindows is running
- Switched to consolde mode
- remov the e1000 and ipw2100
- blank screened by FN+F3
=> not freezed after 20 minutes wait

Conclusion. the problems are on the eth drivers and the Xscreensaver (i'm
using glmatrix. this one is using gl drivers). Any idea how i can solve
this? I guess I have to unload the eth drivers before leave it for a
certain period of time. Any better solution for this?

BTW, Can I leave my T41 24/7? should I remove the battery?

thx
.dave

Proud Debian User
Registered Linux User # 336244