Fwd: Re: [ltp] can't compile iasl (the DSDT tool)

Ronald Hitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:57:11 +0200

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3

Thanks, for keeping the track!

I answer below:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 01:50:50PM -0500, T. Ivarsson wrote:
> [...]
technology/iapc/acpi/) on my Debian system, I get the following errors:
>=20
> > aslcompiler.l: In function `comment':
> > aslcompiler.l:837: error: `yytext_ptr' undeclared (first use in this fu=
nction)
> > aslcompiler.l:837: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only =
once
> > aslcompiler.l:837: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > make: *** [aslcompilerlex.o] Error 1
>=20
> How can I compile the tool without switching Linux distro?
>=20
> Solution
> *****
> You have probably moved away from Woody (good idea) and the tools bison a=
nd flex have been too modern for the iasl compilation. Don't worry, the old=
 Woody-versions of the packages are still available. Install the packages: =
bison-1.35 (version 1.35) and flex-old (version 2.5.4).
>=20
> In the file: compiler/Makefile, change the line:
>      YACC =3D bison
>      YACC =3D bison-1.35
>=20
> Now the iasl tool should compile without any problems.

Sorry, got the same failure:

cc -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -D_LINUX -D_ACPI_ASL_COMPILER
-I../include    -c -o aslcompilerlex.o aslcompilerlex.c
aslcompiler.l: In Funktion =BBcomment=AB:
aslcompiler.l:837: error: `yytext_ptr' undeclared (first use in this
function)
aslcompiler.l:837: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
aslcompiler.l:837: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [aslcompilerlex.o] Fehler 1

Did You manage to compile with flex-old and bison-1.35 and the handy
bits in the Makefile ?