[ltp] Weird keyboard problem

Ted Cook linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:04:51 -0700

I'm having a very weird problem with my T42. I have a mini-dock, and
haven't used it off the dock for quite some time. When I remove it from
the dock, some of my keys do not work properly. Specifically, the u, i,
o, p, j, k, l, etc. all become mapped to the alternative values printed
in the lower right corner of the key. For example, when I depress the u,
I get a 4, when I press the i a 5.

This happens both under Linux (Xandros) and XP. When placed back in the
mini-dock, the keys on both the standard and my external keyboard
function properly.

One other note, it appears the keys function properly at the login
prompt, otherwise I wouldn't even be able to type my password.

I hope there is a simple and quick fix for this, as I am leaving town
tomorrow, and I was counting on using this on the road.

Thanks in advance.

-Ted
--
Ted Cook